The Cultural Literacy Learning Programme (CLLP) is a teaching resource developed as part of the DIALLS project by a multi-national team of researchers and teachers. It was developed, piloted, implemented and then refined in over 350 classes in seven countries.
The programme has two main aims:
- Cultural learning: support children and young people to discuss topics related to living together, being socially responsible and exploring cultural heritages and identities
- Dialogue and argumentation: enhance children’s ability to talk and reason together, teaching them the importance of listening carefully to other views, building on these and sometimes challenging or disagreeing with them
The CLLP includes:
- A guidance booklet with an overview of the programme and ideas for getting started
- A series of 10 lessons for each age group (KS1, KS2, KS3).
- Each lesson includes a short, wordless film as an exciting and engaging stimulus for discussions, and a lesson prompt card. As the films are wordless, they can be used in any language of instruction.
Linking with other schools
DIALLS is all about connecting and exploring ideas together. Our School Networks page offers suggestions for how you can find other schools across Europe who might be interested in collaborating with your class in DIALLS discussions.